How to Utilise Commercial Epoxy Flooring in Your Business
When it comes to commercial flooring, you require floors that will withstand heavy foot traffic, spills and even stains. Commercial epoxy flooring is a perfect solution for any business, from industrial facilities to retail stores. Commercial epoxy floors are a popular choice because of their durability, easy maintenance and attractive finish.
Benefits of Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy flooring is made up of two components, the resin and hardener, which when combined, form a strong, long-lasting surface. Here are some of the benefits of commercial epoxy flooring:
- Durability: Commercial epoxy flooring is very durable and can manage heavy foot traffic, machinery and equipment.
- Chemical Resistance: Commercial epoxy flooring is resistant to chemicals and stains, making it an ideal flooring solution for facilities that deal with spillages.
- Easy Maintenance: Commercial epoxy flooring is easily maintained, as it is cleaned with a mop or a dust mop and does not require frequent waxing.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Commercial epoxy flooring comes in a variety of colours and designs that can provide a professional look to any commercial space.
Utilising Epoxy Flooring in Different Businesses
Epoxy flooring can be utilised in various businesses depending on their requirements and aesthetics. Here are some examples of how businesses can benefit from epoxy flooring:
- Industrial Facilities: Epoxy floors can provide an anti-slip surface, which is essential in industrial facilities where machinery and equipment are used. These flooring options are also resistant to chemicals, oil and grease, making them more durable than other flooring options.
- Retail Stores: Epoxy flooring can help enhance the aesthetic appeal of retail stores by providing a glossy and seamless surface. They are also easy to clean and maintain, making them a practical choice for stores that deal with frequent spillages and foot traffic.
- Commercial Kitchens: Epoxy flooring is ideal for commercial kitchens because it is hygienic and easy to clean. It is also slip-resistant, making it a safer flooring option for staff who work in the kitchen.
Installation and Maintenance of Epoxy Flooring
The installation of commercial epoxy flooring requires professional expertise and care. The surface needs to be prepared before the epoxy coating is applied to ensure that it adheres correctly. Once the commercial epoxy has been applied, it needs to be cured, which can take up to a week. The maintenance of epoxy flooring is relatively easy and can be done by cleaning it with a damp mop or dust mop.
Costs of Commercial Epoxy Flooring
The cost of commercial epoxy flooring depends on certain factors including the size of the area, preparation of the surface and the complexity of the design. Epoxy flooring is more expensive than other flooring options in the short term. However, it can last up to a few decades if maintained properly. The durable nature of epoxy flooring means that it is a sound investment for businesses in the long run.
For more information about commercial epoxy flooring, reach out to a local service.